Has the world suddenly gotten a little quieter? If you've noticed changes in your hearing, even if they seem fairly minor, it's a good idea to schedule an appointment with the audiologists at Ear Nose and Throat Consultants in Southfield, Novi, St. Clair Shores, and Livonia, MI.
Do you have any of these problems or concerns?
You may need to see a Livonia audiologist if:
- Your ears are clogged with wax: Using cotton swabs to clean your ears can push wax farther into your ears. If enough wax accumulates, you may find it difficult to hear. Your audiologist can remove impacted ear wax and recommend better ways to get rid of it in the future.
- Everyone is mumbling: If you're having trouble following conversations or hearing the dialogue on the TV, you may have hearing loss. Hearing loss is common as you grow older, due to the death of hair cells in your ear. In many cases, you may find that your hearing improves after you've been fitted with a hearing aid during a visit to the Southfield, Novi, St. Clair Shores, or Livonia office.
- It's been a while since you've had your hearing tested: Hearing changes can often be very subtle at first. If you don't have periodic hearing tests, you may not be aware that you have a problem. The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends that adults receive tests every 10 years until age 50. After age 50, screenings should occur every three years.
- Your ears are ringing: Ringing or buzzing in your ears, formally called tinnitus, can be extremely annoying. Tinnitus can be a symptom of an underlying health condition, such as hearing loss, high blood pressure, or a head injury. Determining the cause of the ringing will help you ensure that you receive the appropriate treatment.
- You keep losing your balance or feel dizzy: An inner ear problem may be the reason you can't keep your balance, experience vertigo, or feel lightheaded. Your Livonia audiologist can offer diagnosis and recommend treatments that will help ease your symptoms.
Do any of these issues sound familiar? Your Southfield, Novi, St. Clair Shores and Livonia, MI, audiologists at Ear Nose and Throat Consultants can help you manage hearing loss and other issues related to your ears. Schedule an appointment with Livonia, St. Clair Shores, or Novi offices by calling (248) 569-5985, or with the Southfield office by calling (248) 569-3704.