IMPORTANT INFORMATION ALERT
A NOTICE TO OUR PATIENTS FROM EAR, NOSE & THROAT CONSULTANTS:
As the Coronavirus continues to spread, the Physicians and Staff of Ear, Nose & Throat Consultants are committed to your health and safety.
Unfortunately, at Ear, Nose & Throat Consultants, we do not test for COVID-19; please see your PCP, Internal Medicine Physician or the nearest emergency room for appropriate testing and treatment.
According to the CDC, the Coronavirus ordinarily causes an upper respiratory tract illness, similar to the common cold. Patients with this new coronavirus have shown mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath. There is no specific treatment for coronavirus, yet most infected patients will recover fully on their own.
It is still cold and flu season and the same precautionary measures that stop the spread of these common illnesses are recommended:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (ex. cell phone, computer keyboard, doorknobs, remote controls, etc.)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with those who may be ill.
- If you are sick please stay home (except to get medical care). Keep sick children home from school.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. Wash your hands afterward.