Types of Hearing Aids
posted: Jun. 20, 2019.
Your hearing is precious, something that we don't need to tell you if you have been missing out on important conversations and avoiding social situations due to your hearing loss. Fortunately, hearing aids are available to help you hear what you have been missing! With several convenient office locations in St. Clair Shores, Southfield, Novi, and Livonia, MI, the doctors here at Ear, Nose & Throat Consultants offer a full range of hearing aid options to improve your hearing!
More about hearing aids
So, how do you know you are suffering hearing loss? Well, there are some important signs and symptoms for you to pay attention to. You may be able to benefit from a hearing aid if you:
- Are hearing only muffled speech and sounds
- Have difficulty picking out words from background noise
- Consistently need people around you to speak more loudly and clearly
- Have difficulty picking out consonants within words
- Are avoiding social situations and conversations because of hearing difficulties
If you notice any of the signs and symptoms listed above, it’s time to talk with your ENT specialist.—a hearing aid might be just what you need. Some of the most popular types of hearing aids include:
- A CIC hearing aid (completely in the canal) which fits completely inside your ear canal to offer the most discreet appearance.
- An ITE hearing aid (in the ear) which fits over your outer ear and lower section of your ear. Although they are more visible than CIC, they also offer volume control, which CIC does not.
- A BTE hearing aid (behind the ear) which hooks over the top section of your ear; BTE aids connect to an earpiece inside your ear canal to provide excellent sound quality.
For severe hearing loss, you might also consider cochlear implants.
You don’t have to miss out on the sounds of your beautiful life! Find out more about hearing aids by calling the doctors at Ear, Nose & Throat Consultants! With offices in St. Clair Shores, Southfield, Novi, and Livonia, MI, we are willing and able to help you hear what you’ve been missing!