Difficulty hearing causes embarrassment, shame and educational obstacles. Hearing impairments are distressing and audiologists at Ear Nose and Throat Consultants can help patients in any of these locations: Detroit, St. Clair Shores, Livonia, Novi, and Southfield, MI.
What is a hearing aid?
A hearing aid is a device that makes sounds audible for a person with hearing loss. These medical devices come in all shapes and forms depending on your needs.
How do you choose which kind of hearing aid best suits you?
You need to visit your Detroit, St. Clair Shores, Livonia, Novi, or Southfield audiologist to evaluate hearing. Next, you and your audiologist will discuss if there is hearing loss and which device best serves your needs if you are suffering from hearing loss.
What kind of hearing aids are there?
There are in-the-ear hearing aids and behind-the-ear hearing aids.
What is an in-the-ear hearing aid?
These custom hearing devices are made based on impressions of the outer ear and ear canal. Here are few types?
- Invisible in the Canal are specifically designed for mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely in the Canal is a discreet hearing aid ideal for people with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- In the Canal have multiple listening programs and directional microphones in case of noisy environments, and are perfect for mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- In the Ear use larger battery sizes to provide enough power for people with severe hearing loss. This is a good option for people who have limited dexterity in fingers.
What is a behind-the-ear hearing aid?
It is a hearing device that sits behind or on top of the outer ear. Here are a few types:
- Mini BTE with Slim Tube hides behind the outer ear and has an “open fit” ideal for people who want a cosmetically-appealing device.
- Receiver in the Canal are slightly more powerful and fit mild to-severe hearing losses.
- BTE with Earmold have a wide range of colors to match a person's hair or skin tone, have more features, controls and power than other styles.
Who should I contact?
To learn more about hearing loss and hearing aids, contact you audiologist in Ear Nose and Throat Consultants. He or she can help patients in any of these locations: Detroit, St. Clair Shores, Livonia, Novi, and Southfield, MI. Just call (248) 569-5985 today!